Thursday 14 January 2016

A Pleasant Experience Leads To More Sales




It could be the simplest thing that enables you to stand out from the rest.

The area in which I stay in the UK( outside London) is predominantly a white neighbourhood - British and Europeans. So I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it was for me to find a good barber - one that understands the black man's hair. So difficult was it that I usually had to head towards London to get my haircut.

About two years ago some young Turkish gentlemen set up a barber shop in the neighbourhood. Hoping that God had taken pity on me and the other handful of black people in town, I decided to give them a go.

Not only did they do a fantastic job of cutting my hair but I got an arm massage and a mini facial in the process - all part of the service. It wasn't so much of a haircut as an experience.

Today, these guys have two barber shops on the high-street - both always full with British, European, and African customers. They've totally cleaned up.

Despite the fact they charge a lot more than the other barber shops in the area, they get three times as many customers as their competitors.

Why?

Because people will always be willing to pay for good service. Getting a haircut at this particular barber shop is like an 'experience' - a very pleasant experience.

The most effective way in which to Stand Out From The Rest is by doing a little extra to make your service not just a provision but a Pleasant Experience. It's also the best way to get people talking about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com