Friday 24 July 2015

Bla Bla Bla





Still haven't got a clue what to write about today; hence the title 'Bla bla bla.' 

After almost two hours of searching through newspapers and the internet in desperate hope of finding inspiration I'm not only still stuck for ideas but now strangely in a surreal state of nonchalance.

But it's Friday morning so write I must; and if there's one thing we writers know, it's that sometimes you just have to switch on you PC and start typing; never mind what about - just type away in the knowledge that something will eventually crop up. 

Today I want as much as possible to dwell only on happy thoughts.  Let's see how that goes. 


We begin with our musicians' performance at last Sunday's MTV African Music Awards. To my immense shame I can make absolutely no claim whatsoever to know much, if anything at all about the Nigerian Entertainment Industry. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love songs like Ema Dami Duro (is that right?) and......well I know quite a few songs by Whizz Kid and PSquared (I think those guys are brilliant) anyway. 

But ask me the actual title of those songs or who sang those songs and my facial expression will most likely resemble that of Goodluck Jonathan when was asked what he was doing to get the Chibok girls back. 

Yep, Clueless!

Nevertheless I want to say a huge well done to our musicians. It's incredible how much our music industry has grown during the last ten years or so. 


I'm sorry, I've tried so hard to resist but I simply can't let this one go. What the hell distracted our dear president so much during this week's Amanpour interview that it drove him to continuously dart his eyes from left to right and right to left like a hampster on speed??

At the beginning of that interview I beamed proudly as only an African with a credible President can. But after a few minutes my eyes were both exhausted and in pain as a result of trying to keep up with our President's eye movements. After a while I had no other alternative but to close my eyes and just listen. 

Surely he wasn't reading a tele-prompter?!

Or was he following different cameras? If he was then someone in Amanpour's TV crew should be sacked for gross incompetence. 

But at least we now have an honourable president that actually speaks well. 

Finally, can someone please tell me why the US President refuses to come to Nigeria!! Surely Kenya can't be much safer than Nigeria at this time?! Isn't this the second time he's going to Kenya. And he's aleady been to Ghana right?! So why not Nigeria??

But then again as my friend quite rightly pointed out yesterday, whether or not Obama comes to these shores is of very little consequence to the life of the average Nigerian. 

Still, let's invite him and see what he says. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com