Thursday 7 May 2015

The First Product A Customer Buys Is You





In Tuesday's Session I informed you that "The first Product a Customer buys is you."

So what is it about 'You' that Customers are buying?

First thing's first, the word is 'You' and not Brian Tracy, Segun Akande, or Harvey Spectre. The only person that can make a great Brian Tracey is Brian Tracey himself; same goes for a great Segun Akande.

You have your own Unique Identity and Strengths. 

Let me give you an example. One of my strengths is my ability to break barriers - thereby enabling me to build relationships quickly. During a meeting I attended with my business partner yesterday, I noticed from the get-go that the prospect and my business partner were flowing. Infact they were so relaxed with each other that they spoke in Pidgin English for the majority of the meeting. Pidgin English is definitely not my forte, so I decided to keep stum, keep smiling, laugh at the appropriate times, but let my business partner handle proceedings.

But I knew there would come a point when we would need to seal the deal. When it was time to go through the document I realised that I needed to do two things - 1. Continue to make him feel completely at ease with the both of us, and 2. Seal the deal in a Professional manner.

As we were sitting at a round table I simply moved my chair closer to his, and proceeded to take him through the document - rather like a friend would. This Successfully continued the Rapport Building, whilst at the same time subtly stamped an air of seriousness to finalising the deal.

1. Identify Who You Are 

2. Identify Your Strengths

3. Identify How To Use Them When Meeting With Different Character Types




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com