Friday 27 March 2015

Find An Hour



 Is it just me, or has it been a rather tortuous few days? I spent about 45 minutes in traffic yesterday morning at the Falomo junction. As I slowly made my way up Awolowo road I couldn't help but feel as though I was driving through chaos.

A few days ago, after going to four different petrol stations and either not being able to find any, or coming up against huge queues, I decided to call the company that services my car, to ask them to send one of their people to help me fill up my tank. The chap they sent met me at the first roundabout, Lekki Phase One. I told him I would walk back to the office, so that he could commence his task immediately without having to drop me back at my office.

As I walked back to my office I couldn't help but notice the loud and draining sound of generators - from virtually every compound / house that I passed. I had to make a couple of phone calls but was hesitant to do so because of the noise. When I eventually tried to make the calls I couldn't get through because of our woeful networks.

Suddenly it hit me - no petrol, no electricity, and poor mobile phone services; just a few of the services that don't work in Nigeria. I couldn't help but wonder whether Anything actually works in this country.

And yet, so many of us continue to think and behave as though everything is just dandy. So very little works, but we all seem to think it's okay. It's almost as though there is some kind of evil spirit / dark force hovering over this country - ensuring that we all remain ignorant and docile.

Is it really okay for nothing to work?

Do we really want to continue to have no electricity?

Do we want a life of perpetual petrol queues?

Do we want a perennially compromised NCC?

Do we want to continue to witness the increase of youths on the street - with no hope of employment?

Do we want corruption to continue to seep into and destroy every sphere of our lives?

Corruption lies at the route of all our problems. Funds that should go to Education, Stable Electricity, Security, PMS Supply, Job Creation, Health, Housing, and so much more, all too easily finds its' way into the pockets of individuals - be they politicians, Nollywood stars, or musicians.

Things simply cannot continue like this.
Please find an hour to pray for Nigeria today.

1. For Peace and Love to Reign

2. For God to frustrate the plans of those that want to keep us in darkness

3. For God's choice of candidate to win

4. For God's will to be done in Nigeria

If you have your PVC, please make sure you vote.

The definition of madness is expecting change or improvement whilst we continue to do the same things over and over and over again.

Play your role, and leave the rest to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com