Saturday 24 October 2015

Believe




Whilst reading the story of David and Goliath yesterday, it occurred to me that Goliath's armour was probably worth more that David's entire family - and quite possibly the entire Israelite infantry. 

But this didn't deter David. He believed God was on his side and advanced. 

Last week I pointed out the importance of being honest with one's self and others regarding one's situation. But this doesn't mean one should wallow in self pity. It's vital to keep believing, and to keep moving forward - no matter what.

Last Saturday morning I went for a 10km run. I usually do a much longer distance on Saturday mornings but I hadn't been feeling too well for most of the week so I decided to take it easy on myself. When I first started it I felt so unwell and weak. Every part of me wanted to return to my bed. But I visualized the route of my run and visualized myself getting to the finish line. In truth it was probably one of the most painful and horrible runs I've ever been on. But when I got to the finish line I was ecstatic, and I instantly realized something; at times during life's journey, everything around you can look totally horrible and insurmountable. But if you just keep going, keeping your eyes on the goal, you'll be shocked by what you can achieve.

So my message for you today is to fear not. Things may look bad and impossible right now, but keep going, and believe that God is with you.

You will get to your desired destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com