Monday 27 April 2015

BE PROFESSIONAL



 This morning's session is based on a question one of the listeners asked me on the radio last Saturday. He asked;

"I believe I have a good product but I can't get in front of the right people. In-fact I can't even get past the gate-man. What should I do? How do I overcome this?"

No doubt there are many out there experiencing similar challenges.

I want you to imagine for a moment that you're sitting in your office getting on with your work, when all of a sudden someone you don't know walks into your office to sell you something. No appointment or warning; he or she just shows up. How do you feel?

The words 'Hustler', 'Desperate', 'Unprofessional', and 'Irritating' come to mind.

In other words that person has lost before he /she even opens his or her mouth.

Sales is very Psychological. People like to buy from you only if they believe that by doing so they will be as good as, if not better than you.

So even if you get past the gate-man / security, you're still unlikely to get that sale.

Don't just wander into offices where they don't know you.

Below is the correct process.

1. Identify Who You Are and How you Add Value

2. Do Your Research on Your Target Market

3. Call Them on The Phone To Tell Them About Your Product, and To Arrange A Time To Meet With Them

4. Meet With Them and Present Your Solution To Their Needs and Challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com