Wednesday 10 June 2015

Identify Your Prospects' Soft Spot




The things / people we love most are our biggest weakness - Soft Spot. 

In other words they are the easiest Entry Points Into someone's Zone - no matter what mood they're in. 

Allow me to use a personal experience to illustrate this very simple phenomenon. 

On the second morning of a three day Sales course a couple of years ago, for some strange reason I woke up in a terrible mood; no idea why. On getting to the client's office the Head of H.R obviously noticed that I wasn't my usual bubbly self, as my responses to her valiant efforts to make conversation were one, or at best two word answers. As we were setting up she must have noticed the picture of my daughter on my laptop screensaver. 

"Is that your daughter?" she asked.

I smiled proudly and replied "Yes it is. She's three and a half years old. She's..........." 

That was it. In that very moment my mood changed. She had found my Soft Spot/ Entry Point and was seamlessly able to enter my zone; and I was delighted to have her inside it. 

Everybody has a Soft Spot. 

When you meet with a prospect at his or her office, subtly scan the room for Soft Spots - pictures of kids, wife / husband, football team, ideal location, Cars, or even pets. 

Once you identify the Soft Spot, bring it into the conversation in order to gain Easy and Welcome Entry Into his or her Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for iamsegunakande.blogspot.com